Bookmark and Share
  Read through my blog below by simply scrolling down the entries, or check out the essays below. I've chosen ones that I particularly enjoy--maybe you will too.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Three Lessons from Wendy Davis

Today, from Wendy Davis, I learned the following:

1a. When you are fighting for what you believe in, wear sensible shoes.
1b. Even sensible shoes can be a fabulous hot pink color.

2. When you are fighting for what you believe in, it is helpful to be in good physical condition. The demands life places on us are certainly physical, as well as emotional, mental, and spiritual. More than ever I am resolved to take care of myself so that I can be there for others.

3. Don't be afraid to say "vagina". Vagina. Vagina. Vagina. (Read about this in the New Yorker.)

When you stood up for the women of Texas, Wendy, you stood up for women everywhere. Thanks.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yay! Yes.

June 26, 2013 at 3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]